Re: [ID 19991228.001] Perl did not install successfully

Eti Inc \ <sobrika@erols.com> writes:
>To: perlbug@perl.com
>Subject: Perl did not install successfully
>
>This is a bug report for perl from rvanes@etius.com,
>generated with the help of perlbug 1.26 running under perl 5.00503.

>[Please enter your report here]
>
>I just want to get Perl and Perl/Tk working.
>Originally I installed the Perl binary for Solaris 7 from sunfreeware.
>Then I downloaded Perl/Tk and attempted to build it using the gcc
>compiler package which I installed off the sunfreeware site.
>The Perl/Tk package did not work with the Perl package.
>It was suggested that I needed to compile Perl with the same compiler
>as Perl/Tk.

So long as there is only C code (no C++) I have had no real problems
mixing various GCCs and/or Sun compilers. But that is good advice.

>Consequently, I downloaded stable.tar.gz from www.perl.com and
>attempted to build it.  The 'make test ' phase failed.
>I have included the output from 'make depend', 'make', 'maketest',
>and 'perl harness'.  I hope this is something simple.

Cannot see anything obviously wrong.
That is a squeaky clean new GCC though I have the impression that
it has not been shaken down on "Solaris7" yet.

Can you run
gcc -v
to see how GCC is built?
It is _possible_ that the compiler is at fault.
But it looks more like a library/include file mis-match
problem.

>bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/openwin/demo

If you have the SunPro compiler you could try building with
that.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons