Re: The $VERSION crusade

Simon Cozens writes:
| Russ Allbery (lists.p5p):
| >I'd definitely prefer this approach, with some standard structure for the
| >INTERFACE section.  Some people are already doing things like this.
|
| Yeah, I do this for most of my (internal use) modules now.

As do I.

| What I generally specify is:
|
| 	Exported Variables
| 	Public Methods/Subs
| 	Private Methods/Subs

Sounds familiar.  I haven't seen any comment from Larry, Sarathy, Tom,
or similar.  If this idea has any support from the core team, I suggest
that we pool ideas for standards, and come up with something coherent,
and hopefully popular (since it won't work without popularity).  I would
be willing to act as a collector of ideas on this.

| Some people may object to specifying private stuff in the documentation,
| preferring that private stuff is only known to the module developer;
| that's a semi-philosophical point, I guess.

This is the kind of issue that would need be be thrashed out.
Unfortunately, this approaches the issue of coding standards --- so we
need to be clear on what *wouldn't* be a topic for discussion...

Mx.

Follow-Ups from:
Raphael Manfredi <Raphael.Manfredi@st.com>