From: Nick Ing-Simmons [mailto:nick@ing-simmons.net]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2000 4:45 PM
To: sobrika@erols.com
Cc: nick@ing-simmons.net; perl5-porters@perl.org
Subject: Re: [ID: 19991228.001] Problem Installing Perl/Tk

Eti Inc \ <sobrika@erols.com> writes:
>Nick:
>
>I attempted to install Perl/Tk again this morning.
>I have included the output of the following commands in the attachment:
>
>perl Makefile.PL         => perlMakefilePL.txt
>make                     => make.txt
>make test                => maketest.txt

Makefile.PL transcript looks normal.
make transcript shows you did not do a "make clean" and essentialy
reused any .o files you had from before - which does not tell me anything.
The "make test" transcript is still showing the weird "normal ...DynaLoader"
messages which were reported before. As I said before - run the
test outside the harness to get the full message:

perl -Mblib t/Require.t

>I am really getting frustrated with the amount of time it is taking me to
>get Perl/Tk to work on my workstation when all the conditions appear to be
>perfect on the surface.

I suspect your gcc-2.95.2

--
Nick Ing-Simmons