Re: smarter makes

>No, of course I do not know.  I would guess that the top line contains
>/bin/sh, and on a lot of systems there is not going to be even /bin.
>And even if we forget about /bin, then should we call sh, ash, bash,
>ksh, pdksh or whatever flavors of sh exists locally?

Ilya, this is a shell script, which, by definition means that there is a
program called "sh" which runs it.  Sure, those others exist, but there
is certainly a link from sh if one of them is standing in for sh.

This isn't that big a deal.  And as you pointed out, it's easier to
handle the Makefile.PL issue this way.

What I really need fixed, though, is the SO problem.  I think fixing
the makefile to use perl -I `pwd`/lib should suffice.

--tom

Follow-Ups from:
Ilya Zakharevich <ilya@math.ohio-state.edu>
Andy Dougherty <doughera@lafayette.edu>