Re: CPAN is getting too big

 > This message is intended for CPAN people.
 > As you may have noticed, the amount of information on CPAN now exceeds
 > the 650Mb that fits on a CD-ROM. Since people (like publishers)
 > occasionally make CPAN snapshots on CD, we need a way to either split
 > or ignore some of the contents.

 > Before re-inventing wheels, what do you think?

What I'm preparing right now -- and I hope it will work out -- is a
full "deja" CPAN site that contains the whole history of CPAN, all
backups brought to one point. When such a site (with a small set of
mirror sites) is in place, I hope we can more often delete old files
from CPAN without the risk of snubbing people.

--
andreas

Follow-Ups from:
Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>