Re: perlrun.pod lies :)

japhy@pobox.com writes:
: perlrun (for 5.005_02) says that switch processing, when using the is
: switch to Perl, stops upon reaching the argument --.
:
: That's not entirely true.  It stops when it reaches an argument BEGINNING
: with '--':
:
:   % perl -s prog -foo -bar -this-works --this-stops processing
:
: Now, that isn't documented as working so.  Should it be, or should Perl's
: command-line argument reading be changed?  I'd think it would just be
: changing the documentation, so as not to fsck up other people's programs.

I doubt it'd break anything to fix it.  If anyone has used -- to stop
arg processing, they won't have stuck anything but whitespace after it.

Larry

Follow-Ups from:
Jeff Pinyan <jeffp@crusoe.net>
References to: