Re: [ID 19991229.003] perl 5.005_03 core dumps -- singal

Ilya Zakharevich writes:
: On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 01:46:30PM -0800, Larry Wall wrote:
: > And if they
: > want to write something backward compatible and put it on CPAN, then
: > they should be testing against older versions of Perl, so the older
: > h2xs is presumably available.  Or we can provide a --use_vars switch.
:
: So much for respect to lazyness.

That's your view.  The world needs a few people who always see things
in black and white.

I respect laziness a great deal.  But then, I respect a lot of other
things as well.  A language designer cannot afford to grind any ax to
the exclusion of all the other axes.  A language designer cannot even
afford to ignore the people who prefer to grind a particular ax.

Larry

References to:
Ilya Zakharevich <ilya@math.ohio-state.edu>