Re: [ID 19991229.003] perl 5.005_03 core dumps -- signal

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 09:54:52AM -0500, Joshua Pritikin wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 11:01:16AM +0000, Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 02:06:52PM -0800, Larry Wall wrote:
> > > Ilya Zakharevich writes:
> > > : We *need* an event loop in Perl core - or very close to it.  This may
> > > : be a part of this loop.
> > >
> > > Indeed, that's what the perl-loop mailing list has been working on for
> > > lo these many months.  Any folks from perl-loop want to comment?
> >
> > My (vague) impression is that that work fragmented with one group adding
> > features and others being unhappy that there were too many features.
> > I think it's lost direction and consensus support. Sadly.
>
> That's news to me.  Granted, there was heated discussion for a few
> months but I believe most folks are now mostly satisfied with the design
> and implementation.  Graham, Nick, Gisle and others, feel free to
> correct me or forever hold your peace.  ;-)

I did express my opinions some time back that the Event module
is evolving to be too complex to be considered as general solution
to includ in the standard dist. So I would have to agree with Tim.

That is all I am going to say on the matter as I do not have the time
to get into a long drawn out discussion.

Graham.

References to:
Larry Wall <larry@wall.org>
Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk>