Re: exists $foo[7] and delete $foo[7]

>I'm in favor of this going in for 5.6.  Full hash semantics for
>psuedo-hashes are necessary if they're ever going to see mainstream
>use.

I don't understand why extending full hash semantics for pseudohashes,
which are of course merely array that are *accessed* as hashes,
should presuppose extending full hash semantics for arrays that are
really being accessed as arrays?  Shouldn't the access mechanism
dictate the interface?  I don't understand the orthogonality urge
that is going to lead us not merely to exists($array[N]) and
delete($array[N]) but to keys(@array) and each(@array) and
values(@array) and pop(%hash) and splice(%hash).

--tom