Re: exists $foo[7] and delete $foo[7]

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 10:55:36AM -0800, Gurusamy Sarathy wrote:
> I'm reluctant to forcefully make arguments to convince people on this
> issue.  If the benefits are not immediately obvious, I begin to suspect
> that perhaps its not the right thing to do after all.

I would vote YES if it means that I can now undo the irreversible effect
of

    my @a;
    $a[100]= 1;
    undef $a[100];
    print scalar @a;

Will delete allow for

    delete $a[100];
    print scalar @a;    # prints 0 ???

?
--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed

Follow-Ups from:
Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@ActiveState.com>
References to:
Tom Christiansen <tchrist@chthon.perl.com>