Re: Apache 1.3.9 + mod_perl 1.21 + Solaris 2.7 dumps core

Ilya Zakharevich wrote:

> My feeling nowadays is that the problem is the horribly wrong semantic
> of dynaloading on many Unixes.  For many years I was cursing "stupid
> IBM scheme of symbol resolution at link time", which forces creation
> of the lists of exported symbols for each DLL you want to build.
> (Which is a portablility nightmare.)

You may well be right.  I've had a mail from someone on the mod_perl
list saying that this is a known problem that affects some OS platforms,
and that nobody has been able to figure out what is causing it, but it
seems to involve corruption of the dlopen symbol tables.

Alan Burlison

References to:
Ilya Zakharevich <ilya@math.ohio-state.edu>
Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison@uk.sun.com>