Re: use base peculiarities

>> The disregard of %INC is due to the very fact that you describe.
>> *Because* a "base package" doesn't imply the existance of a physical
>> file, base.pm cannot take %INC into account.

 > But that doesn't help, because we ass_u_me a physical file when we do
 > a C<require "$base"> anyway!

We C<require> *after* we have checked $VERSION. We do not C<require>
if $VERSION exists. This is quite a bit less disturbing than trying
and retrying to load a package that we do not miss.

Maybe I'm missing something in which case I'd ask for code to beat on.

In any case, this needs to work:

package Foo;package Bar;use base "Foo";

--
andreas