RE: A common base exception object for Perl - RFC

On 20 Jan 2000, Martyn Pearce wrote:

> the use of -foo for configuration items seems to me to be something
> picked up from Tk and/or analogy with command-line calls.  I'm not
> convinced that they help here; and I don't see them used commonly
> through the non-Tk modules.

CGI, IPC::ShareLite - two off the top of my head.  I figure it's a sort of
syntax-highlighting for people that don't use emacs cperl-mode and a color
monitor.

The only bad thing about it is that 5.004 sometimes gets confused and
treats the - as a unary minus.  Even worse, sometimes it does so and
doesn't print an error!

-sam

Follow-Ups from:
Pete Jordan <pjordan1@email.mot.com>