Re: A common base exception object for Perl - RFC

>Agreed. The only question is how minimal is minimal? What, if any,
>facilities are 99.9% certain to be useful to /all/ exception classes?

Not that C++ features are necessarily a good model (especially for some of
the easier to set off folks on this list ;-), but perhaps it is worth noting
that the equivalent of to_string is the only method C++ put in its standard
exception class (if you disregard all the junk that could be classified as
administrative, like constructors).

Having used C++ exceptions a fair amount, I've never had any particular use
for anything else (I've used lots of different kinds of exceptions that get
constructed in all sorts of wondrous ways, but basically once I hit the
handler, about all I ever want to know is "What?!").

References to:
"Redford, John" <John.Redford@fmr.com>
Pete Jordan <pjordan1@email.mot.com>