Re: [ID 20000120.001] Diff to add print formatting to debugger

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 01:35:39PM -0800, Jim Bodwin wrote:
> > > Aliases don't work for arbitrary command string.
> >
> > Do not they?  I thought they do.  If they do not, this is what need to
> > be addressed.

Yes, I see that aliases are recognized via the first
white-space-separated token.  One should be able to do it via regular
expressions.

> > If you cannot alias an arbitrary string, alias 'p', and type things as
> >
> >   p %8x $var
>
> Same problem here.  Since the LHS of the pattern is used as the alias index
> the only possible pattern to use is "p".  That prohibits me from having
> something
> that matches "p %8x" and replacing it with "p sprintf "%8x".

No.  As far as it starts with "p ", you can do an arbitrary
substitution in your alias.

Ilya

References to:
Jim Bodwin <jbodwin@sebringring.com>