Re: File::Glob in failure perl5.05_63 XSLoader on OpenBSD 2.6

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 12:24:55PM -0700, Tom Christiansen wrote:
> You know, after six builds, I still can't get debugging to trigger.
> I've hacked every which file I can fine.  I've read READMEs.
> I've run and rerun and rererun Configure.
>
> What ever happened to the sane and simple idea of a makefile
> target for building a debugging perl?  How about "make debug"?

I think
  ./Configure -des -D optimize=-g

is the answer, but I rarely use this.  I eigher edit cflags to put -g
in debugging flags (this makes debugging core, and I can have
debugging on for newly recompiled files only, which saves some time), or do

  make OPTIMIZE="-g -Dregister="

in the extension directory.

Ilya

Follow-Ups from: