Re: CPAN is getting too big

>Anything on CPAN is publicly available and should be copyable and
>redistributable in the form it resides on CPAN. Period.

Agreed.

It certainly fundamentally counterproductive to try to restrict access
to CPAN.  If one doesn't want people to be able to get at one's software,
then why did one give it away?

The same can be said of the matter of that fellow who wanted to print
out the whole Perl docset verbatim when people started crowing about
copyright restriction.  Why would we want people not to be able
to get a printout of the standard documentation?

More access is better.  Less access is bad.

--tom

Follow-Ups from:
Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>
References to: