Re: v5.5.640 plans

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Gurusamy Sarathy wrote:

> FYI, I've dealt with most of the patches that came in over the last few
> weeks.

> I'm hotly pursuing the utf8 trail right now, and expect to have v5.5.640
> out some time this weekend.

> Meanwhile, the following todo items are still sorely in need of volunteers:

>   * Configure support for USE_ITHREADS (basically just adding -Duseithreads
>     and enabling all the probing for pthreads functionality that's already
>     there for -Dusethreads)

I can probably do this one.

On a tangent note, if the "interpreter threads" model is called
'ithreads', what should we call the other model?  I'm imagining making
-Dusethreads will still trigger the appropriate hints file stuff as it
does now, but that, in addition, one might be asked to specify which
"model" to use.

Still, I gather this is all interim stuff, as I imagine 5.6 won't really
have 2 different supported "threads" models.  So I don't really want
to work too hard on the problem.

> If you have tuits to spare, please consider working on these.

Spare?  Who has tuits to spare?

    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042