Re: malloc.c:get_from_chain() endless loop

Doug MacEachern writes:

> we have a process stuck in malloc.c:get_from_chain() which looks to be in
> an endless loop.  the elt->next list points back to itself, and `remains'
> is always >= min_remain:

I looked though the logic again, and did not find any obvious problem.
Given that it runs for quite some time on millions (?) of systems, I
would suspect a prior memory corruption first.  Do you use any XS code?

Ilya

Follow-Ups from:
Doug MacEachern <dougm@pobox.com>
References to: