Re: malloc.c:get_from_chain() endless loop

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:

> I looked though the logic again, and did not find any obvious problem.
> Given that it runs for quite some time on millions (?) of systems, I
> would suspect a prior memory corruption first.  Do you use any XS code?

yes, we uncovered a memory overwrite using insure++ (purify-like) in some
3rd party code we hook into using xs.  I'll dig deeper if the problem pops
up again with the overwrite bug fixed.  thanks for looking into it!

References to:
Ilya Zakharevich <ilya@math.ohio-state.edu>