Re: Finding old library directories (was Re: automatic perl module rpm wrapper)

Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk> writes:
>> Well some of us use a different installprefix, but that is only
>> to stop accidental use of wrong lib directories.

Then there was an (implied) change of topic ...

>> One could go hunting for executable perls a then do
>>
>> /path/to/a/perl -e 'print join("\n",@INC),"\n"'
>
>Why hunt for other perls?

By which I meant looking down $ENV{PATH}

>If you've used a different installprefix to
>put a perl into a non-standard place and "to stop accidental use of
>wrong lib directories", surely such perl's should be left alone.

Yes.

>"hunting for executable perls" just seems wrong.

I was suggesting hunting $ENV{PATH} for "current" perl(s)

--
Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com>
Via, but not speaking for: Texas Instruments Ltd.

Follow-Ups from:
Andy Dougherty <doughera@lafayette.edu>
References to:
Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@activestate.com>