Re: inherted overload & mixed type operations

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 03:24:30PM +1300, Christian Soeller <c.soeller@auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
> I don't think that's quite true. perldoc overload tells you how to do
> it.

I stand corrected. However, I still cannot augment functionality, since I
have no (documented) way to get the previous definitions, so I need knowledge
about the internals of PDL that would like to not require. This internal
changes (that do not change the publsihed interface) would require changes in
my module, which should not be required.

I also do not like punishing every multiplicaiton even when no complex
number is ever going to be used. That reminds me of $&...

--
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@opengroup.org |e|

Ilya Zakharevich <ilya@math.ohio-state.edu>
References to: