Re: [ID 19991229.003] perl 5.005_03 core dumps -- singal

At 04:07 PM 1/12/00 -0500, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 03:06:16PM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> > >As I demonstrated, they are for a large (though not enormous) subset
> > >of things people want to do in signal handlers.
> >
> > s/want to do/think they're limited to doing/;
> >
> > Coming from a platform with very strong asynchronous leanings (VMS).
>
>OS/2 also might have a nice System Exception model, but this still
>does not work well in a presence of CRTL.  Can you use CRT calls in
>this model?

Which model, VMS' asyc system? Sure, some of them. There are limits to
what's acceptable, but the limits are pretty broad. Generally you're not
using the C RTL that much in an AST handler--most of the interesting work's
done with system services. (But, then, VMS has a very rich set of system
services, so it's not a problem)

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk

Follow-Ups from: