Re: [ID 20000111.008] use strict 'vars'

Steve Fink (lists.p5p):
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the oft-repeated bug report is
>"use strict doesn't work for $a and $b." If use strict said clearly "$a
>is a special case, so this warning might be in error"

Well, it does, in the documentation of strict.pm, if you read the
current version.

I regard this as having fixed the problem, when changes in the strict.pm
POD filter through to a stable release. If it's documented, and does
what it's documented to do, it's not a bug; it just means some people won't
carefully read the documentation.

Maybe you think providing accurate documentation isn't enough, and we
should produce hand-holding warning messages to cope for these sorts of
people. Do you think a warning every time someone uses (localtime)[5]
would get rid of the oft-repeated Y2K bug report?

--
And no, the moon ain't romantic // it's as intimidating as hell - Tom Waits.