Re: [ID 19991229.003] perl 5.005_03 core dumps -- signal

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 02:22:30PM -0800, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > You can put Hanukka bush ornaments on anything.  Most of the time
> > the only reason Moliere syndrom appears is to hide the fact that the
> > message is content-free.  Even if not, things may improve by
> > removing ornaments.
>
> Your point is well-taken.
>
> On the other hand, good design often comes down to taste and
> intuition, which usually don't survive reductionist analysis.
>
> Sometimes the only available alternative to being vague and indirect
> is leaving important things unsaid.  Which is worse?

Nobody will argue the role of metaphores and friends as vehicles of
communication.  I was considering situations when all that rides this
channel is nil, or when the communication could have been performed as
well without these clutches.

Most of the time it boils down to the question of taste, which is
probably out of the realm of this particular forum.

Ilya

References to:
Ilya Zakharevich <ilya@math.ohio-state.edu>
Tom Christiansen <tchrist@jhereg.perl.com>