Re: exists $foo[7] and delete $foo[7]

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 01:04:13PM -0800, larry@wall.org wrote:
> london@pixelmagic.com writes:
> : or its another weirdness to remember about perl.
>
> Mostly it's another weirdness that people will never learn until they
> want to.  Just doc it under delete and exists, and leave it at that.

Speaking for weirdness, is anyone else concerned with the autovivication
of intermediate steps of exists()?  My expectation has always been that
exists() does not autovivify.  Once the behavior is documented, then it
will be more difficult to fix later.

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity."
                            via, but not speaking for Deutsche Bank

Follow-Ups from:
Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison@uk.sun.com>
Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@ActiveState.com>