Re: [ID 20000111.008] use strict 'vars'

Tom Christiansen writes:
: Generic examples that use $a and $b should perhaps use $x and $y instead.

Over the long haul, this will not be an issue, since explicit sort
subroutines will switch to ($a, $b) prototypes, and inline sorts will
have an implicit prototype of ($a, $b).  In either case, $a and $b will
be lexicals scoped to the sort sub.

At that point we could deprecate unprototyped sort subs if we want to.

Once all the unprototyped sort subs are gone, we can make "use strict vars"
complain on $a and $b.

Larry

References to:
Tom Christiansen <tchrist@chthon.perl.com>