Fwd: Feedback

Uh ... Event is useless.  OK.  :-)

----- Forwarded message from devine@au1.ibm.com -----

Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:19:31 +1100
Subject: Feedback
Sender: devine@au1.ibm.com
From: devine@au1.ibm.com
To: perl-loop@perl.org,
    Raphael_Manfredi@pobox.com

Hello all,

I've written an application around Event & IBM plans to use it on the
Olympics SP machine coming later this year in Sydney.

     The application is designed to monitor system inidicators
     & declare events when conditions are satisfied.  It provides
     an Adapter class that allows Agents (using Adapter's API)
     to plug into the infrastructure.  It is implemented completely
     in Perl as follows:

     -Daemon
          - Adapter.pm
               > config file of Agents to be activated
               - Agent 1 (Adapter::Syslog.pm)
               - Agent 2 (Adapter::Errpt.pm)
               - Agent 3 (Adapter::ADSM.pm)
               -Agent 4 (Adapter::LotusNotes.pm)
               -Agent 5 (Adapter::Netstat.pm)
               -Agent 6 (Adapter::Vmtstat.pm)
               -Agent 7 (Adapter::Iotstat.pm)
               -Agent 8 (Adapter::Ps.pm)
               - .
               - .
               - .
               - Agent N (Adapter::whatever)
          - Notifies Tivoli/PMAN/Syslog/Mail/Console
            upon receiving an event from an agent

"Event" works as advertised!  It allows me to plug in a bunch of these
Agents all at once & get the service that I expect.  If not for Event, I'd
probably be stuck writing an (inferior) module for it right now -- well
done & thanks!

Also, Raphael Manfredi, Storable is outstanding -- thanks!

devine@au1.ibm.com

----- End forwarded message -----