Re: CPAN is getting too big

> Also, trimming CPAN may be an ordeal just because of legacy stuff, but
> asking authors to trim their directories as well as possibly cutting back
> on the number of archived distributions, etc. might help in this regard.
> It will be a painful process I suspect, but certainly someone will have to
> don the asbestos suit and push the point and keep pushing it...this is a
> tough crowd.

Do CPAN authors actually have the ability to delete from their
directories?  There's some stuff in mine I'd like to get rid of...  A
mistake in the name of a certain tar.gz results in people picking up a
really old version every now and then.

-sam

Follow-Ups from:
Elaine -HFB- Ashton <elaine@chaos.wustl.edu>