Re: Finding old library directories (was Re: automatic perl modulerpm wrapper)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Tim Bunce wrote:

> > One could go hunting for executable perls a then do
> >
> > /path/to/a/perl -e 'print join("\n",@INC),"\n"'
>
> Why hunt for other perls? If you've used a different installprefix to
> put a perl into a non-standard place and "to stop accidental use of
> wrong lib directories", surely such perl's should be left alone.
>
> "hunting for executable perls" just seems wrong.

Absolutely agreed.  If I am trying to install a version of perl in a
separate directory to keep separate versions separate, I wouldn't take
kindly to the default installation trying to mix things together.

I think what we want is actually fairly simple.  I'll try to put together
something more specific in the next few hours or so and send it on out.

    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu

References to:
Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk>