Re: Finding old library directories (was Re: automatic perl modulerpm wrapper)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:

> Or if I am Configuring to a place I installed before
> (e.g. /usr/local/bin) then asking an existing /usr/local/bin/perl
> is a way to get the "site" defaults. Much better than a Policy.sh
> which is on tape because the person that installed the perl has now left the
> company and he built it from his home area.

Now that's a neat idea!  Hmm.  perl Policy_sh.PL ?  (run by
Configure, builds a shell script for later use by Configure....).

I've never used Policy.sh (other than to test it -- by an amazing
coincidence, Configure's defaults almost always match my personal
installation preferences :-), so I don't really have an informed opinion
on whether this is good or bad, but it's intriguing.

Thanks,

    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042