Re: inherted overload & mixed type operations

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 02:31:46PM -0500, Ilya Zakharevich <ilya@math.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
> > I stand corrected. However, I still cannot augment functionality, since I
> > have no (documented) way to get the previous definitions,
>
> Will you please stop pointless accusations?

Could you explain how method calls magically overwrite methods in another
class? If I understand you correctly (I didn't understand you), then

result = PDL:: * PDL::Complex::

will magically result in a call to the *-operator in PDL::Complex?? But
you earlier told me that the first operand is always used to resolve
overloading, which means that I need to overwrite the *-Operator of PDL::
(which happens to be the base class of PDL::Complex).

Please, Ilya, these are no pointless accusations. I honestly do not
understand how perl resolves overloading: You claim that the first operand
is used always. Fact is, perl sometimes does not do that.

You also claim that method calls would magically solve my problem, but
that seems to contradict that the first operand is always used (since the
correct method would be the one form the second operand).

So yes, I _am_ that dumb. No accusations, I am honestly confused by you
what you say and the way perl actually acts on how overloading works.

--
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@opengroup.org |e|

Ilya Zakharevich <ilya@math.ohio-state.edu>
References to: