Re: [ID 20000111.008] use strict 'vars'

Mark Mielke writes:
: P.S. For a few projects, I am currently _ON PURPOSE_ using perl5.004. I
:      think a few other people are doing the same... It's not that I don't
:      like the changes that are being made to perl, as I believe I do, it's
:      more the instablity that scares the shit out of me.

You'll note that every version of Perl from version 1 through version 4
was a development version, not a maintenance version.  Yet people were
pretty happy with it, partly because we had a policy of backward
compatiblity, but mostly because we enforced that policy with
regression tests.

So people who are worried about Perl breaking should be writing more
regression tests.

And before anyone submits a patch for it, I'm not talking about testing
for features like the non-existence of delete(@a)...   :-)

Larry

Follow-Ups from:
"Mark Mielke" <markm@nortelnetworks.com>