PbDb (perlbug database): CALL FOR COMMENTS

All,

Hi, hopefully my email is now functional again, and I can rejoin the p5p list
for purposes of improving my understanding of my fellow humans ;-), as well as
actually being able answer any PbDb issues promptly.

You'll all be glad to know, having not heard from me for a while, that the
perlbug database has undergone a fairly serious re-hack, with the aim of making
it a bit more generic, maintainable, installable, debug-able :-\, etc.

I don't wish to do more than bug-fix what's current (if that's OK with you good
people), and introduce any new stuff into the next release, (PbDb-2000 perhaps
:-), or more seriously: version 1.0, I guess it's a month or so away, before it
should be experimented with, work pending.

Meanwhile, if there's any outstanding, or desperate changes people want, now is
a really good time to get requests in.  On the current wish list to date we have
the following:
    Move selected message/s -> any particular ticketid.
    Administrate _selected_ tickets, in one fell swoop via web
        interface, (a bit like the email interface already does BTW).
    Ticket shows admin, last updated and by whom.
    Better assessment of ticket context based on email body scan.
    Can install PbDb on any reasonable system with a single config file.
    Comprehensive documentation, instructions etc.
    Historical slurping of emails from archive, and assigment.
    Weekly reminder to p5p that there are now x open tickets remaining!
        (Yes, you have always been able to close multiples at a time via email).
    Other, polite and not too many, suggestions anyone?

ps. Also we still need more active admins as anyone looking at the number of
'surely not open' tickets will see! ...

    Tickets  Messages  Claimed  Unclaimed  Tickets to Admins
    1247     3091      92       1189       73.35

    Open to Closed     Open    Closed   Onhold
    12.44              908     73       263

Sigh, sit back and wait for the onslaught...

Ciao - shorter than 'Aufwiedersehen'
--
Richard Foley
richard@rfi.net

pps. oh, and a Happy New Year to those of you not dealing with a pre-third
millenium alarm clock :-)

Follow-Ups from:
Larry Wall <larry@wall.org>