Re: Perl bug DB web interface

Kenneth,

> Just wondering what the status of the bug DB pages are.  When I looked

> 1) The only OS's supported are Win32 and Mac (or is that a feature)
It's a feature :-)
Actually, the non-win-or-mac OS is actually 'generic', or 'unix'.
Personally, I think a 'Unix', and/or 'generic' flag would be useful, but
as I recall this was poo-pooed as being unecessary, the implication
being search for win/mac if you need to, otherwise everything is
applicable across the board.  What does everyone else think?

> 2) The Perl Inst logo is a broken link
Whoops, thanks, will fix.

> 3)  I'm trying to file a bug against the perl parser but there doesn't
> appear to be a way to search to see if it already exists (via the web
> anyway).
I'm not sure what you mean.  You can search via the web front end on the
subject field, or you can search via the email interface, with straight
SQL statements. as per below:

    To: bugdb@perl.bug
    Subject: -h -s
    Body: SELECT DISTINCT ticketid FROM tm_messages WHERE messagebody
LIKE '%parser%'

> Am I expecting too much or
I don't think so, if it's not just how everyone wants it, then it needs
adjusting until most people are comfortable with it, I think.

> did I just catch the db at a bad time.
Well, I'm about 80% through a rewrite, which should make the whole thing
installable (not in the original spec.), and add administrator lists,
etc. etc. not to mention all the little tweaks that will be required
once people hear it's fluid, sigh...!

> Thanks for the efforts anwyas.
It's always good to get a little feedback.

Ciao
--
Richard Foley
richard@rfi.net